We are currently recruiting for an EVS operator.
|Job Title||EVS Operator|
|Location||The Production Centre, 191a Askew Road, London W12 9AX|
|Reports to||VT Coordinator|
|Hours||160 hours per month (occasional evenings, weekends and overnight)|
|Salary||Dependent on experience, plus overtime|
Purpose of role:
Operating the EVS system for broadcast under the direction of a producer in a live sports production environment.
The EVS Operator will also be required to work at Input Media’s Chelsea TV operation at Chelsea FC and big screen output at the Emirates Stadium and Twickenham Stadium.
• Liaise with the engineering team to ensure and guarantee operation and configuration of the EVS mainframe and check specification for the task ahead to confirm correct operation
• Co-ordinate with VT to ingest and have ready all requested content ahead of call time
• In conjunction with a producer, clip, edit and create playlists to be inserted into any programme
• Ensure that all recordings made on the EVS are correct in terms of content, audio configuration and timecode; additionally, to actively participate in the process of determining what clips and content need to be protected and / or backed-up (through Avid, X-file or clip management) in order to be available in the future
• To report any faults or comments with the engineering department pertaining to the EVS device or its procedural usage
• Offering the Producer and Director as much useable material as possible, finding alternatives and solutions to any problem that may arise during a live show to the best of the machine’s ability
Essential Criteria for the Role
• A recognised Media qualification or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in live television
• Experience with the EVS system in a live sports production environment
• Experience with non-linear working including creation of closers and packages out of sync with ingesting material
• Ability to co-ordinate and manage the tasks given and to be able to prioritise and report on their status
• Understanding of the EVS mainframe and all important configuration decisions that must be taken
• Knowledge of the technical ability of the EVS system and the limitations these present in the wider scope of the facilities
• Knowledge of VT operation, QC and Playouts
• Knowledge of media management within a broadcast environment including ingest, format and file transfers
• Ability to thrive under pressure
• Ability to communicate efficiently with technical staff including communicating the needs of the production team in terms of configuration and the wider impact on the system this will have
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends and overnight
Desirable Criteria for the Role
• Understanding of an outside broadcast in a fast turnaround environment
• Understanding of the post-production environment that most producers will consider being the template for what they will ask to be achieved
• Questing for further knowledge of the wider EVS network to push forward onto new delivery systems such as IPD
• Readiness to learn and ability to self-audit for areas needing advancement
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.
Deadline for applications: Friday 02 March 2018
Applicants must have existing Right to work in the UK
If you do not receive a response within 14 working days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Input Media is an Equal Opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any protected characteristic.